Commercial Real Estate Forum

Discover how to make money investing in commercial real estate, including apartments, mobile home parks, shopping centers, hotels and other commercial income properties. Ask questions and participate in discussions with one of the foremost commercial real estate investing experts in the country.

Your host: Ray Alcorn

Ray Alcorn is the CEO of Park Commercial Real Estate, a real estate acquisition and development firm headquartered in Blacksburg, Virginia. In a career spanning three decades, through all types of economic conditions, he has been involved with the acquisition, sale, development, financing, and leasing of commercial property transactions valued over $250,000,000.

Ray is a renowned expert in commercial real estate with experience in apartments, office buildings, shopping centers, mobile home parks and hotels. He shares his wealth of knowledge and experience in dozens of articles about commercial real estate.

Ray is the author of Dealmaker's Guide to Commercial Real Estate, THE definitive work on commercial real estate investing.

Unread 04-25-2012, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

Default 12th Anniversary of the Commercial Forum!

Hello all,

Never one to let a piece of useless trivia go unused, I have to note the day because in so many ways this forum changed everything for me. I may have never written articles, books, or started teaching seminars had it not been for getting involved with CRE Online.

My thanks to JP Vaughan, editor of CRE Online, who got tired of me badgering her to split off a commercial forum, and set it up on 4/25/2000. (If memory serves, the Mobile Home Forum and Legal Forum were spun off the main newsgroup about the same time.) Thanks also to Jeanne and Lori for keeping things running during the times I had to be away for extended periods.

The biggest thanks goes to you, without whom this would be just another forgotten corner of the web. The years of interacting with investors here has made me a much better investor. Answering questions and evaluating hundreds of deals often forces me to research topics I would otherwise not even think about, and more than once has led me to a new way of thinking that paid off a thousand-fold.

I'm a lifelong learner by nature, and truly value the opportunity to bounce ideas around with some of the smartest folks in the business... you!

Best regards,

ray
Unread 04-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Default Happy Anniverary to all of us!

I'm so glad you badgered me to pieces 12 years ago, Ray. Thank you for your tremendous contributions to this site and to this forum and for making CRE Online a much better place to be. Most of all, thank you for your support and friendship...

Your Friend,

JP
Unread 04-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Happy Anniversary, Ray. We are lucky to have you! ~Jeanne
Unread 04-26-2012, 06:21 AM

A day late but who is counting.

Well done Ray. The commercial forum is certainly one of the star attractions of the CREOnline site.

Real Estate Investor (REI) with just over 30 years of history and some degree of experience.